While playing a game or launching a program, the interruption becomes an antagonist in our story. The issue might be occurring because of the missing MSVCP140.dll. Here are the instructions to fix this issue.
Install the MSVCP140.dll File
If you want to install the MSVCP140.dll file, then pursue the instruction given below.
- First of all, you have to navigate to the taskbar and then select the Search icon.
- After that, you should go to the Search box, enter Command prompt into the search box.
- You should hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- After Command Prompt is up, enter ‘sfc /scannow.’
- You have to press Enter.
- Now, you have to wait for a few minutes until the SFC scan and restoration procedure is finished.
Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package
If you want to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C ++ redistributable package, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Hit the Win key.
- After that, you should enter ‘system information’ and then hit the Enter key.
- Navigate to the System Type field to know whether you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit Win OS.
- You should go to Microsoft’s official site and download the newest Visual C ++ Redistributable update.
- Choose the preferred language, and then select Download.
- Select the file appropriate for the Windows version.
- Once the file is downloaded, twice click on it.
- Later, pursue the steps on installing the file.
- Now, reboot the system and then attempt to launch the program that pop-up the error message.
Run a Clean Installation of the Program
If you want to run a clean installation of the program, then pursue the instruction given below.
- To get started, press Win + R keys on the keyboard. To do so will open the Run box.
- After that, go to the Run box, enter ‘appwiz.cpl,’ and then hit the Enter key.
- Now, you will view all programs list on the PC.
- Navigate to the program that displayed the error message.
- You should right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- When asked to verify the uninstallation, select Yes.
- You have to reboot the system.
- Now, reinstall the program, and then attempt to open it to view when the error has been fixed.
Running a Deep Virus Scan
If you want to run a deep virus scan, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Firstly, you have to go to the keyboard, press Win + l keys at once to open the Settings application.
- If the Settings application comes up, select Update & Security.
- After that, choose Windows Security from the options at the left panel.
- You should scroll to the right panel and select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Then choose Virus & Threat Protection.
- Go to the right panel, select the ‘Run a new advanced scan.’
- You should choose Full Scan.
- Then select Scan Now.
- After the process is done, reboot the Windows.
- Now, attempt to open the program causing the error.
Richard Branson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites